New Patient Information
Get all the information you need for your child’s first appointment.
New Smiles, Welcome
We offer emergency dentistry, an in-house insurance plan, and we accept Medicaid.
Their first appointment
Tailored Experience For All
Pediatric Dentistry FAQs
- When should my child see a dentist? The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends your child should see a dentist when his or her first tooth arrives or no later than his or her first birthday.
- Should I worry about my child's baby teeth? Yes! It’s crucial to care for your children’s baby teeth. They help children speak clearly and chew naturally. Plus, they act as a path for their permanent when they are ready to erupt.
- How often should my child see the dentist? The same recommendation for adults applies to children – every six months. This allows us to help prevent cavities and other dental diseases. We believe in the prevention, not just treatment, of dental disease in children. Children with great smiles, under our care, are not only healthier but have higher self-esteem. The greater the focus on preventative care, the better opportunity for children to live a happy, healthy life.
- How can my child prevent cavities? During your child’s consultation, we’ll gladly review prevention strategies with you to ensure optimal care for your child. What you can do right now is getting your child into the habit of brushing and flossing every day. Another step is limiting your child’s exposure to sugar. Sugar can wear away tooth enamel, creating tooth decay.
- Should I worry about thumb sucking? Pacifiers and thumb sucking are perfectly normal for infants. Most children are ready to stop these habits around the age of three. If it continues past this point, it may alter your child’s bite, jaw form, and their teeth. Don’t worry! We can go over your concerns during the consultation and figure out a strategy to limit these habits.
- What can I expect? You can expect a dental experience completely tailored to the needs and interests of your child! We’ve created a hip, cool environment filled with movies, games, and tons of smiles – your kiddo will never want to leave! Our first visits are designed to educate you – the parent – on proper oral hygiene care for your child. Also, we’ll discuss habits, diet, dental health, and what to anticipate with your child’s dental development. If you have an older child coming in for his/her first visit, the medical and dental history will be reviewed, a comprehensive exam and cleaning will be performed, and all findings will be discussed with you.
“They take convenience and care to a whole new level. I no longer have to drive my children across town to Spartanburg to see a separate dental office. iGrin Pediatric Dentistry is a perfect environment for my kiddos and ProGrin Adult Dentistry is amazing at caring for me and my husband! Plus, it’s right here in Boiling Springs! ”
– NATALIE C., ACTUAL PATIENT